Sunday, December 23, 2007

Slow progressing SU27

Very slow progress indeed with su27 assembly. A lot of lesson learn from EDF plane assembly. It's quite challenging since this is my first DF.

1. Fit..everything must nicely fit. GWS EDF64 motor mount slightly bigger than my BL motor. This caused the motor play and cannot center in the DF. I've tried many ways to center the motor in the motor mount but no luck.
Solution: I never thought that this thing exist until I went to Alan Bunkyo. He had suggested to use this:



A spacer that makes my motor fit nicely into the DF motor mount. What a relieved.


2. Impeller shaft. This is major headache. The stock shaft that comes with the GWS EDF is 2mm size. But my BL shaft size is 2.3. Slightly bigger. I thought at first just drill the shaft to make it fit. It's a mistake my drilling caused the shaft hole to misalign from the center. This is bad. Never drill by your self when precise drilling is needed.
Solution: Buy new impeller shaft from hobbycity.

I've done with aileron servo assembly.


That's all for now. I'm waiting for the new shaft to arrive from Hong Kong. Maybe at the end of this year since.
Anyway happy new year...from slumberjerrc

No comments: