Sunday, December 19, 2010

F-15 EPO 70mm Hobbycity










This is my latest addition to my fleets. The third EDF jet after Su-27 and Red Arrow. I had pretty bad experience with due to lack of understanding in EDF setup. This time my knowledge on EDF has grown and finally understand the setup on motor, DF unit, wattage, and their relation.

Back to F-15, First thing I like about this particular product is the EPO foam. The surface is so nice and much sturdy that EPS. I believe all EDF jet should be using EPO foam. The detail is remarkable. However my unit come with missing nose cone. Bummer. If you're ordering from OHS better ask them to check all the parts intact. Or else have to wait forever for it and having to confront their help desk with no chance of getting the missing item. Well need to find solution for this. Build your self. I'm using a special type of foam "dunno what it's called" but its' easy to cut and shape. Malay's call it "foam bunga kawin". It' green in color and quite brittle. Luckily I bought myself several sheet of FG cloth and WBPU to glass the cone. The result if satisfactory although not quite professional. Hey this is my first time.

Well the build is quite easy and straight forward. I'm using hot glue to attach all the parts. The only changes I made to jet is the ESC. I change it to 40A esc since I'm using 4S lipo 1750mah. I need to add 60gram of dead-weight on the tail since it's quite nose heavy. On full throttle I've got 37.5A with 620Watt of power. Should be getting more or close to 1:1 thrust. Lipo barely warm. Oh ya one thing to mention you need to balance the fan and check for the motor and fan installation (threadlock!!!). I remove the nose cone attach to the EDF fan for better balancing.

Well waiting for maiden..batu pahat or ladang tebu...

24 Dec 2010
Maiden day



a success...but this sucker needs 4S lipo instead of 3S..need more upgrade to provide more thrust needed...


I'm dreaming of airliner Airbus A380..huhu 4 EDF setup...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pernah beli dari HK? Ada masalah tak masa penghantaran?

Mohsin

SLum said...

biasa beli..ikut nasib jer..kalau kastam rajin kene ler..kalau tak biasa lepasjer..setakat nih dah 5 kali kene kastam...