Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ASSAN 2.4 Radio system









I'm moving to 2.4GHz..good bye 35MHz..My Futaba 9CHP will be upgraded tonight. I just received my ASSAN 2.4GHz system today. Will put it to test this friday. Yeehaaaw..

It's great. I've installed the ASSAN tx module in my Futaba 9CHP and it's working like charm.
Some partial review.
  1. The tx module fit nicely into my 9chp module. No moving part. The only problem is with the antenna. It is better if the antenna come out from inside the radio holder and also the antenna if you put your radio on the ground without any transmitter stand it will hit the ground. Also I need to modify my transmitter stand because the support part of my stand is in the way of the antenna. Need to lower the support part with some epoxy.
  2. The binding process is just in a minute or two. Just switch your radio to PPM mode then switch back off and on again. Immediately move the elevator stick up and down several time until you can hear beeping sound and blinking red LED on the module start. The radio is waiting for binding signal. Put the binding plug on channel 1 and 3 then power up the receiver. In just 2-3 second the receiver LED will turn green. Then it's done. Just plug in all the servo into the desired channel and there you go. The system is up and running. It also comes with fail safe system on all channels.
  3. Range test. I've tested around 100feet with blocking view such as car and tree. No problem at all. Will test more ground later on.

This 2.4GHz system works. I like very much. Some design issues but that's just minor.
Partial review can be downloaded here --> http://slumberjerrc.com/eshop/ASSAN_review.pdf

Overall I'm very satisfied with it's performance and easy installation plus cheap 2.4 system. Good move assan.

No comments: