Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CoroExtra 330





Introducing my CoroExtra330..

IMHO corrugated plastic is one of the best material for building profile airplane model to date. It's easy to get and cheap too. EPP is also one of the option but it's hard to get and quite expensive. coro is super tough and easy to shape. Although many people say that it's quite heavy compared to depron but I don't think so. A little trade off between durability and weight. I say go for coro dump depron. :D..

I was improved a lot since then with my coroExtra. Now I'm able to prop hang my extra very low until sweep the ground. No problem with crash since it can sustain crash without any problem.

some tips:
  • All you need is a little bit of creativity and common sense while building a coro profile plane.
  • Make sure when you cut your coro align to the corrugated line and it is perpendicular with your wing or fuselage.
  • No hinge required. All you have to do is to cut it in half and make a clearance around 2mm fir easy movement of any flaps.
  • Glue gun works like charm on coro. It's bind very good.
  • Strengthen the wing by using carbon rod.
  • See my second picture. Devise this extra body retention under the wing to provide additional strength.
  • Important!!! move the elevator and rudder servos near the tail section for precise control. This is to avoid the pushrod from bending during servo travel. I get better elevator and rudder control. updates..
That's all..A little bit of imagination and creativity you'll get almost indestructible profile 3D plane. Later on I'll try to upload my video doing low prop hang with my charming extra..

My power plant:
  • motor 1500kv
  • prop 10x5
  • ESC 30A
  • lipo 2200mah 20C/1500mah 20C
  • Servox3 Hxt
  • rx ASSAN 6chn
With this setup I can do prop hang just in half throttle. Max amp draw from this setup is 22A. It's match made in heaven...

You can download the EXTRA330 tiled version from 3dbatixEXTRA
Or KATANA tiled version here KATANA

Regards
slumberjer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanis, boleh tolong timbang coroextra 330 tu... lipo heli 450 boleh digunakan tak? lipo 2200mah tue...

subarus

SLum said...

su AUW 500-600g depend pada lipo..kalau lipo 2200 20C yang aku pakai boleh je pakai kat coro extra nih..cuba tengok video yg aku letak dalam blog aku..cuma letak lipo berat ke belakang..supaya buleh prop hang all the way..

Anonymous said...

En. Hanis, bunyinya menarik ni, tapi coro yg awak gunakan tu adakah coro board 4mm ke atau 5mm yg ada di jual di kedai buku tu, seperti kat Popular Book Shop tu, ada macam2 colour harga dlm RM4-RM8, tengok saiz. Betul ke coro yg ni?