Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sapac Extra 330L




My new toy's arrived 2 days ago. Its extra 330L from sapac. This is my second attempt to fly full fuse 3D plane. The first one is carden extra330 but that was long time ago. I think I have the confidence to fly full fuse 3D. I'll start with this plane first. I have cheap bargain from rcsmart with only rm190 including 5200kv BL inrunner motor with gear. I must say the assembly for this plane is pretty quick. All you need is a simple servo setup and that's it. Rudder and elevator just by screwing in fuse. Add little glue gun for extra strength. Motor already mounted. Some modification I made to battery compartment to suit my 1550 3s1p lipo.

I had her test fly last day but very disappointed with her performance. I ask Ilham to maiden her (the best pilot we have) still this plane stall like stone. If no power given it will stall beyond recoverable. Hmm crashed her but no biggy since just a minor crash. Simple quick glue and every back to normal.

I think I will modified her with my own motor 1000kv with 11x6 prop with direct setup. The geared system was too week and maybe caused her to failure..dunno..Wait for my next modification to this plane. We'll see what happen.

Update!!
Just finished with DIY firewall from plywood for my new Apex motor. I'm going to install her with my Apex 1000kv motor and 11x6 prop. I'm going to test her this Friday with this new setup. Will report back then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, what happenned after your DIY...