Thursday, July 16, 2009

Spartan DS760 vs SJGD PG800 gyro

PG800 is one of the gyro that has been claimed by others as a copy from spartan DS760. Since I have both gyro's so I'm going to put some review on the performance for both gyro.

1. Setup: Pretty much the same for the basic setup for both gyro. You can setup limit for left and right rudder range, reverse, and servo type selection. For beginner and intermediate flyer this is good enough. But for advance flyer more programming can be altered for both gyro. Since I'm not advanced flyer so I say it's good enough for me for flying and simple 3D. Spartan on the other side has the ability to update the firmware (like the OS for the gyro) through special cable. For PG800 I don't think any firmware upgrade just parameter alteration is allow (to my knowledge like the 611). PG800 has this LCD programming box which allow us to change any programming required. It's easy to bring this box compared to spartan which required PC or PDA to change the required parameters.

2. Design case: almost like the same but you can see the different from the picture.

3. Performance: DS760 paired with DS620 align servo on 600N and PG800 on the 500 paired with DS520 Align servo. Well Pretty much the same. Constant piro rate both side, tail hold nicely during inverted, conti-flip, tic-toc, rainbow, pretty much all my basic 3D needs feels almost the same. (I really wish to become pro flyer to test these gyro to the limit..huhu).

4. Price: Well for PG800 unit alone you can get as low as usd115 and for Spartan arround usd180. See your wallet which price suited you.

Conclusion: As many claim PG800 is comparable to DS760 I cannot say much on this but there's many video on the net show what PG800 is capable. Definately it much better from GY401 and a good upgrade from this defacto gyro.





No comments: