Friday, January 21, 2011

F-14 Tomcat EDF work in progress 2

This by far takes the longest build for any of my model. Let's continue..

Wing swept mechanism..I'm using MG955 (0.17s/13kg torque). I know some may say this is one crappy servo but so far I have no problem with centering or overshoot. It just work fine. I've tested like hundreds of time before gluing this servo to the bay.

Pretty simple setup for the swept wing just be sure to stiffen up a bit the pushrod with some CF tube. The wing spar is the most important part for this plane. Since the spar is quite flexy, I reinforce with some plywood at the center of the frame. Now much stronger and less flex..








Dry fit. Will further test the wing retract servo before any gluing.

Only one pilot..it's pricey..I paid almost 6 bucks for this..


note: Make sure no play or wobble with the taileron. This jet basically fly with this full swing taileron. Fiberglass this part to make it durable.

1 comment:

HP Laptop Batteries said...

Buy HP Laptop Batteries On Replacement Laptop Batteries Store Sale Cheap Laptop Batteries, HP Laptop Batteries.