Monday, April 6, 2009

Not so lucky F4U maiden :-(

Hmm my previous experience flying f4u betray me. 
The plane take off and take bumpy ride since the throw for elevator is quite high. I thought its good enough but need to reduce far more than I usually did on my low wing trainer. But the power is more than enough to lift and scream F4U in the air. However the behaviour is way off from my expectation since this little devil always need speed to maintain altitude or it will stall. Flying is no problem but the problem is with landing. It require power to land this bird. No floaty character and to make thing worst no wind at all to assist landing with harrier style. I've tried many attemp to bring her down but at the end I misjudge her character and she plunge to the ground due to stall. Hmm this bird require more power to land since the field is very wet the only option I had was the small pavement parking area at the stadium entrance this make thing worst.  There she goes..but I had repaired her for Uda. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro, nampak mcm COG tak cun je... nose heavy sgt...

SLum said...

CG ok..cuma elevator range besar sangat..bg sikit jer stick input die dah respond banyak..

Aymen said...

Hi there,

Just came across your website, it's very informative and helpful, would you like to link exchange with us?

We have a dedicated link page to help new flyers (http://helideals.com/Become_A_Flyer.aspx)

Best regards and looking forward to link exchange with you guys.